Volume 51, December 2016Innovative integrated tools and platforms for radiological emergency preparedness and post-accident response in Europe. Key results of the PREPARE European research project
|Page(s)||S163 - S169|
|Section||Improved means for the interaction of technical experts with authorities in charge, communication from and to the public and the training of key players – Conditions and means for information and participation of the public in a nuclear emergency and post-emergency situations|
|Published online||23 December 2016|
- Bunce S., Partridge H., Davis K. (2012) Exploring information experience using social media during the 2011 Queensland floods: a pilot study, Aust. Libr. J. 61, 34-45. [CrossRef]
- IAEA (2012) Communication with the Public in a Nuclear or Radiological Emergency. EPR-Public Communications, IAEA, Vienna.
- Jaeger P.T., Shneiderman B., Fleischmann K.R., Preece J., Qu Y., Fei Wu P. (2007) Community response grids: e-government, social networks, and effective emergency management, Telecommun. Policy 31, 592-604. [CrossRef]
- Kasperson J.X., Kasperson E.R. (2005) The Social Contours of Risk. Earthscan, Virginia.
- Lindsay B.R. (2011) Social Media and Disasters: Current Uses, Future Options, and Policy Considerations. USA Congress, Washington, DC.
- Malesic M., Prezelj I., Juvan J., Polic M., Uhan M. (2015) Evacuation in the event of a nuclear disaster: planned activity or improvisation? Int. J. Disaster Risk Reduct. 12, 102-111. [CrossRef]
- Neuendorff K. (2002) The Content Analysis Guidebook. Sage Publication, Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Ng K.H., Lean M.L. (2012) The Fukushima nuclear crisis reemphasizes the need for improved risk communication and better use of social media, Health Phys. 103, 307-310. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Perko T. (2011) Importance of risk communication during and after a nuclear accident, Integr. Environ. Assess. Manag. 7, 388-392. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Perko T. (2012) Modelling Risk Perception and Risk Communication in Nuclear Emergency Management: An Interdisciplinary Approach, p. 203. Universiteit Antwerpen, Antwerpen, Belgium.
- Perko T. (2016) Risk communication in the case of the Fukushima accident: impact of communication and lessons to be learned. Integr. Environ. Assess. Manag. 12, 683-686. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Perko T., Turcanu C. (2013) Reporting on Fukushima, Nucl. Eng. Int. 58, 38-40.
- Perko T., Mays C., Valuch J., Nagy A. (2015a) Mass and new media: review of framing, treatment and sources in reporting on Fukushima, J. Mass Commun. Journal. 5, 252.
- Perko T., Cantone M., Prezelj I., Tomkiv Y., Gallego E., Melekhova E., Turcanu C., Byrkina E.M., Pershina J.A., Oughton D.H., Veronese I. (2015b) Final report: Media reporting on the Fukushima nuclear accident in European countries (and Russia). European Commission, Brussels, Belgium.
- Perko T., Lazaro P.G., Choffel de Witte I., Koron B. (2015c) Book of Abstracts. In: International Conference: RICOMET 2015. Risk Perception, Communication and Ethics of Exposures to Ionising Radiation, Mol, Belgium.
- Perko T., Tomkiv Y., Oughton D.H., Cantone M.C., Gallego E., Prezelj I., Byrkina E.M. (2015d) Units related to radiation exposure and radioactivity in mass media: the Fukushima case study in Europe and Russia, Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 164, 154-159. [CrossRef]
- Perry R.W., Lindell M.K. (2003) Preparedness for emergency response: guidelines for the emergency planning process, Disasters 27, 336-350. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Swain C., Tait M. (2007) The crisis of trust and planning, Plan. Theory Pract. 8, 229-247. [CrossRef]
- Tomkiv Y., Perko T., Oughton D.H. (2014a) Final report on use of social media after Fukushima with a focus on the social media as a stakeholder. European Commission, Brussels, Belgium.
- Tomkiv Y., Perko T., Oughton D.H. (2014b) Social Media after Fukushima: The Codebook. European Commission, Brussels, Belgium.
- Utz S., Schultz F., Glocka S. (2013) Crisis communication online: how medium, crisis type and emotions affected public reactions in the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster, Public Relat. Rev. 39, 40-46. [CrossRef]
- Wendling C., Radisch J., Jacobzone S. (2013) The Use of Social Media in Risk and Crisis Communication. OECD, Paris, France. [CrossRef]
- Wimmer R.D., Dominick J.R. (2006) Mass Media Research: An Introduction. Cengage Learning, Belmont, CA.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.